Decaf Chiapas San Fernando - Mountain Water - Organic
Cupping Notes: Dark fruit, Cocoa
- Grower: Sociedad de Producción Rural Unión de Ejidos y Comunidades San Fernando, S.P.R. de R.I.
- Certifications: Decaf, Fair Trade, Organic
- Origin: Jaltenango de la Paz, Chiapas, Mexico
- Process: Decaffeinated by Mountain Water Process without chemicals
- Varieta(s): Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra, Mundo Novo, and Typica
- Growing Altitude: 1200 – 1400 meters
Roasting & Delivery
All coffee purchases are roasted to order. Coffees are roasted Monday & Wednesday for Saturday Delivery or for Pickup at the Carlsbad Executive Plaza.
Free local delivery on Saturdays
Free shipping within California (minimim order two bags)
Water Mountain Decaf
The Mountain Water Process is a method of indirect decaffeination. All of our MWP decafs come from Descamex, Mexico.
After selection, the green coffee is pre-soaked in water to expand the beans for caffeine extraction. The beans are then introduced to a solution concentrated with coffee solubles that extract the caffeine without extracting the coffees particular flavor.