Decaf Chiapas San Fernando - Mountain Water Process
Cupping Notes: Dark fruit, Cocoa
- Grower: Sociedad de Producción Rural Unión de Ejidos y Comunidades San Fernando, S.P.R. de R.I.
- Certifications: Decaf, Organic
- Origin: Jaltenango de la Paz, Chiapas, Mexico
- Process: Decaffeinated by Mountain Water Process without chemicals
- Varieta(s): Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra, Mundo Novo, and Typica
- Growing Altitude: 1200 – 1400 meters
Roasting & Delivery
All coffee purchases are roasted to order. Coffees are roasted every week, Monday and Wednesdays.
-Free local delivery on Saturdays
-Free shipping within California when ordering 2+ bags
Water Mountain Decaf
The Mountain Water Process is a method of indirect decaffeination. All of our MWP decafs come from Descamex, Mexico.
After selection, the green coffee is pre-soaked in water to expand the beans for caffeine extraction. The beans are then introduced to a solution concentrated with coffee solubles that extract the caffeine without extracting the coffees particular flavor.