Decaf Oaxaca Mountain Water Process - Organic
Caramel apple, milk chocolate
- Grower: Coordinadora Estatal de Productores de Café del Estado de Oaxaca (CEPCO)
- Certifications: Decaf, Fair Trade, Organic
- Origin: Oaxaca, Mexico
- Process: Decaffeinated by Mountain Water Process without chemicals
- Varieta(s): Bourbon, Caturra, Catuai, Mundo Novo and Typica
- Growing Altitude: 900 – 1700 meters
Roasting & Delivery
All coffee purchases are roasted to order. Orders are roasted Monday & Thursdays for Wednesday & Saturday delivery.
Water Mountain Decaf
The Mountain Water Process is a method of indirect decaffeination. All of our MWP decafs come from Descamex, Mexico.
After selection, the green coffee is pre-soaked in water to expand the beans for caffeine extraction. The beans are then introduced to a solution concentrated with coffee solubles that extract the caffeine without extracting the coffees particular flavor.