Rwanda Kirorero - Organic Microlot
Cupping Notes: Molasses, light citrus zest, caramel. Balanced.
This remarkable microlot is grown in rich black volcanic soils by members of the COOPAC cooperative. The area is surrounded by magnificent mountains near the shores of Lake Kivu, in the west Rwanda and processed at the Kirorero station.
The coffee crop is shade grown under structurally and floristically diverse shade covers while applying only organic fertilizers. Both these organic practices of using organic fertilizers and planting shade tree go along way in providing not only the necessary plant nutrition but also assist in providing the complex nutrient balance of our coffee fields which is definitely required to produce nutrient rich fruit.
- Farm: COOPAC - Kirorero Station
- Region: Boneza, Rutsiro, Western Province
- Certifications: USDA Organic
- Processing: Fully washed and dried in raised beds
- Terroir: Altitud 1800 meters (5900 ft) / Bourbon, Jackson, Mbirizi
Roasting & Delivery:
All coffee purchases are roasted to order. Coffees are roasted Monday & Thursdays for Wednesday & Saturday delivery.